Are you a student of color in the fight for social justice? Do you want to be a part of a movement that’s mobilizing millions of workers?
Then you should apply for the 2014 AFSCME/UNCF/Harvard Union Scholars Program. The application deadline is February 28th, 2014. Apply early! This exciting program that gives students of color the opportunity to experience what it’s like to be on the front lines of organizing workers. Participants of this program are:
- Paired with an experienced organizer
- Given a $4000 stipend for the summer
- Eligible to receive up to $5000 in scholarship money from the United Negro College Fund
- Provided with housing and transportation
- Placed on an organizing campaign for 10 weeks during the summer
For more information please visit http://www.afscme.org/organizer/12094.cfm.
To apply to the scholarship online. If you have any questions please contact the AFSCME Education Department at 202-429-1250.